General Medical & Addiction Information
These sites have several links to general Medical Information
- Dept of VA Public Health Home page - Links to health & wellness, hazardous exposures, diseases & conditions, patient treatment, Gulf War Veterans’ Illnesses, Camp Lejeune and many more. Also links to MyHealtheVet, Women Veterans Health and eBenefits gateway.
- Persian Gulf War Veterans Illnesses - those who need assistance may want to check this site reporting on the Presidential Advisory Committee on Gulf War Veteran’s Illnesses.
- Dept of VA Geriatrics and Extended Care - Veterans can receive long-term care programs and services at home, at VA medical centers, or in the community. Please see our programs and services page. Contact your local VA medical center for more information on the long-term care and geriatrics services provided.
- DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE WARRIOR CARE The Office of Warrior Care Policy offers access to several benefits and services, including compensation, caregiver support and care management, that can provide assistance to wounded, ill, and injured Service members and their families as they identify needs and shortfalls in resources, and begin searching for solutions.
- Cancer.Net - Offers all kinds of Cancer support from information on the types of cancer, Coping with cancer, research & advocacy, navigating cancer care including a list of financial resources and Survivorship.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network - offers Patient & Care Givers Resources and guidelines that can help you talk with your doctor and guide you through your treatment while beating cancer. NCCN is a not for profit alliance of 27 of the world’s leading cancer centers to improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of cancer care so that patients can live better lives.
- Association of Cancer Online Resources (ACOR.org) - ACOR is a unique collection of online cancer communities designed to provide timely and accurate information in a supportive environment. It is a free lifeline for anyone affected by cancer & related disorders.
- The Ultimate Guide for Looking Your Best While Overcoming Cancer - While most of the information might be geared towards women, anyone can use these tips while maintaining your wellbeing and positive attitude as you beat cancer. Mindset is crucial in winning and one way to start is to feel good about you. Dig in and begin that winning look.
- Tricare - is the health care program serving Uniformed Service Members, retirees and their families.
- Medical Malpractice Center - We are a new group dedicated to providing vital information, tips, and resources to individuals and family members affected by medical negligence. Medical malpractice is professional negligence by a healthcare provider in which the treatment provided falls below the proper standard of practice in the healthcare community. In these cases, this neglect causes injury or death to the patient. Doctors are the third leading cause of death in the United States behind heart disease and cancer, and currently it is estimated that in the US alone over 225,000 people die each year from medical negligence. Our team believes that every individual who has experienced this neglect should have access to the best information and support available.
- DrugRehab.com - is a web resource provided and funded by Advanced Recovery Systems (ARS). ARS is an integrated behavioral health care management organization dedicated to the treatment of addiction, substance abuse, eating disorders and mental health issues. We provide well-researched, fact-based resources on this site and we use a three pronged approach scientifically proven to help people overcome their addictions.
- DrugRehab.org has resources for getting help for our Veterans and their families who are fighting addiction. They offer resources and a guide you may download to help one find hope in the darkness.
- Treatment-Centers.net is a community based public-benefit website devoted to helping individuals and families find help for addiction and dual diagnosis. Our site contains the largest and most comprehensive publicly rated and reviewed directory of addiction treatment centers in existence. Our aim is to provide a platform for people to learn and share about addictions and co-occurring disorders, and serve as a trustworthy resource for information about addiction and addiction treatment centers. We provide free drug and alcohol assessments submitted through our assessment form, and have a toll-free helpline staffed by professional counselors 24/7. If you or someone you know is struggling with drug addiction, alcoholism, dual diagnosis or behavioral addiction (i.e. sex addiction, gambling addiction, internet addiction) call us at 1 888-995-6394, we're here to help you!
- Treatment 4 Addiction website lists all the local Indiana rehab centers you may choose from. They also discuss addiction, disorders, treatment and recovery.
- American Addiction Centers guide summarizes available governmental, organizational and other resources and makes them easily accessible to Veterans or their family & friends searching for assistance. Whether the addiction is caused by PTSD, sexual abuse, pain medication or some other trauma, this site will help direct you through it.
- QuitSmokingCommunity.org has a website where Veterans can seek support to quit smoking. Quit Smoking Community is a virtual community that offers support and information for those trying to kick the deadliest habit in the world. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, smoking-related diseases have killed 10 times more Americans than the combined toll in all the wars the country has fought. Our vision for Quit Smoking Community is to provide a hub where visitors can access information regarding quitting smoking, as well as download resources and tools to help them begin and complete their quit journey. The link above will take you to their Military/Veteran page to get you started.
- AddictionResource.com was founded in 2014 to provide a community for those recovering from addiction and to help patients find the highest quality care for a successful recovery. Our goal is to provide resources to help patients and their loved ones so that they may stay on the road to recovery, and can successfully overcome addiction for life. We believe in our ability to help improve the lives of others, and belief is what motivates us to educate and support our readers every day. Addiction Resource is not a treatment center and does not accept payments or advertising offers. Instead, we work to provide free resources to help people better understand their addiction and motivate them to make the first step in seeking support. Please use the link above to read about their Veteran support.
- RxDangers.com aims to be your trusted resource, educating the public about all defective medical devices and dangerous medications that are available on the market today. We accomplish our mission by providing you with a one-stop resource where you can find comprehensive information about these defective drugs and medical devices. Our website is continually being updated with FDA Recalls, and our goal is to spread awareness, creating a safer environment for all consumers.
- RecallReport.org was created to alert the public to the latest information on dangerous drugs and products. With hundreds of suspected or confirmed dangerous drugs and products on the market, the up-to-date information we provide on recalls, alerts and side effects is vital to keeping you and your family safe. Always get the latest updated information here.
- Recall Guide supplies important and helpful information about your prescriptions as they keep an eye on over 100,000 FDA Medications and will show recalls on any of them as they happen.
- ConsumerSafety.org strives to make information about recalls and safety-related news about drugs, medical devices, food, and consumer products accessible to everyone in a transparent, easily understandable way.
- Drug Center - Before taking any medications that are prescribed to you, check here to easily find out if any of the drugs and devices you are going to take/use have any severe side-effects. We offer support for those who need it most as every year a small segment of prescription drug users are hurt by unexpected side effects. We’re here to uplift, enlighten and protect that minority by providing health and safety information and financial support.
- Rehab Center . Net is an organization connecting people seeking treatment to the resources they need. If you’re ready, or even if you’re just considering your options, we are here to help! You can talk to a member of our trusted, professional, and compassionate staff at RehabCenter.net 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are here to take your call whenever you’re ready to make it. And we’re here to connect you to the program best suited to you, your addiction, your situation, and your needs. You are our #1 priority, and we’re here for you and whatever you need to ensure a long and successful recovery process!
- Elite Rehab Placement is a no-cost, full service, drug and alcohol rehab assistance provider. Our mission is to help you, or a loved one, to find the right addiction treatment center for your specific needs. We work with several of the top rehab centers in the country and are able to deal with both them, and your insurance provider, on your behalf, to make sure that you’re placed in the best facility for your specific situation.
- The Recovery Village, while it is rehab-center which is not located in Indiana, their website has many resources may offer our Veterans help concerning alcohol/drug addictions and why it affects Veterans. 1 in 10 returning Veterans today will suffer from some sort of addition due to their Service and to get a better handle on curing this disease, this site can help you understand the reasons why behind it. Please take the time to look it over and I hope it helps.
Disclaimer:The web sites listed above are not associated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Hamilton County Veterans Corp., or its Officers, and has no official or unofficial affiliation with the Hamilton County Veterans Corp., or its Officers, or its membership. This web page was created as a resource for the members of the Hamilton County Veterans Corp. as well as use by the general public
Top of Page