GULF WAR ILLNESS
Gulf War Illness is yet another US Government cover up to hide their mistakes in War!! Their mistakes have taken so many of our sons and daughters lives that it’s almost worse than going to war itself. From WWI and mustard gas to WWII and the undisclosed treatment of our soldiers in the nuclear tests, to Korea and Vietnam with the spraying of Agent Orange and now in the Gulf Wars with the secret or “Classified” immunizations for biological agents, specifically bio-toxins that were not disclosed by the VA. These vaccines along with the insect repellent and the many other agents they went through in country during these Wars are taking a toll on our Veterans and their families and yet our government is covering it up by saying it’s a mental issue so they prescribe drugs which increases their suicide rates!!
Gulf War Illness is real and it zaps the life out of those affected. They experience excruciating joint and muscle pain, debilitating fatigue and gastrointestinal problems, rashes, respiratory issues, migraines and other illnesses during and soon after deployment. Initially the government wrote it off to stress and then mental issues, but these issues are real and we need our Government to once in for all stand up and be accountable and responsible for these issues and start taking care of our men and women who stand up and fight for our Freedoms!
I ask that you start writing your congressmen and house representatives asking them to please look into this and ask our VA to do what should have been done 25 years ago, hell over 100 years ago - TAKE CARE OF OUR VETERANS!!!!
Here is an article in the American Legion Magazine that helps explain Gulf War Illness https://www.legion.org/magazine/235290/nothing-wrong-you
Here is a link to a website to help those who served in the Gulf War - Illness Health and News www.91outcomes.com
Here are several links to resources for Gulf War Veterans;
- Download the American Legion Gulf War Era Benefits & Programs brochure at www.legion.org/publications under Veterans Affairs & Rehabilitation about 3/4ths the way down the page.
- Gulf War Illness Research Program cdmrp.army.mil/gwirp/default is funded to identify effective treatments and accelerate their clinical application.
- Gulf War Illness Consortium sites.bu.edu/gwic/about-the-study is a study being performed by Boston University School of Public Health in 3 locations (Boston, Miama & Houston). This is a DOD Congressionally directed research program. They are looking for Gulf War Veterans who served in the 1990-1991 Gulf War to call them at 617-358-1717 or email at GWIC@bu.edu.
- Gulf War Illness facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/125208941896 is where you can ask to join and share in their information and camaraderie.
- National Veterans Legal Services Program www.nvlsp.org is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that has worked since 1980 to ensure the government delivers the benefits that our Military and Veterans are entitled.
- Research Advisory Committee on Gulf War Veterans www.va.gov/rac-gwvi where you can see what the committee has been doing in their effort to improve the health of ill Gulf War Veterans.
- VA Gulf War Veterans’ Illness page www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/gulfwar is a site where our Gulf War Veterans may go to get a free Gulf War Registry Exam to find long-term health issues replated to their Gulf War service.
- Comprehensive assessment of Gulf War Illness Research with scientific findings and recommendations may be found in this report. It is 465 pages long - www.va.gov/rac-gwvi/docs/committee_documents/gwiandhealthofgwveterans_rac-gwvireport_2008.pdf
Disclaimer:The web sites listed above are not associated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Hamilton County Veterans Corp., or its Officers, and has no official or unofficial affiliation with the Hamilton County Veterans Corp., or its Officers, or its membership. This web page was created as a resource for the members of the Hamilton County Veterans Corp. as well as use by the general public
Top of Page